Mary Lake Nature SanctuaryWhat's the Latest Buzz?
Call for Nominations
for GVGS Board of Directors
The Greater Victoria Greenbelt Society is requesting submission of nominations for new board members, to be elected at our April 14, 2018 AGM.
Any member who wishes to stand for election must be nominated by another Society member and submit, a GVGS BOARD CANDIDATE APPLICATION to the nominating committee by March 30, 2018.
Service for 1 year on the Board of Directors of GVGS is a rare chance to help drive the decisions of and shape the future of the Mary Lake Nature Sanctuary project. This is an exciting time to join the leadership of GVGS and help us map our future.
Board service is a chance to grow personally and professionally, to develop skills, gain unique experience and make lasting connections with a team of other passionate and motivated people.
Board service also provides these unique opportunities:
- Develop valuable skills in non-profit governance, program planning and strategic planning
- Expand your network of like-minded contacts
- Gain recognition from your employer, community, or peers
Click on link for additional information on The Role of Directors
GVGS Constitution & Bylaws
Society Members in good standing are invited to nominate qualified candidates for the position of director. We are specifically looking for people with these skills
- Treasurer – Financial/ business management
- Director – program development, education and or training
- Director – Communications – social media strategy – website
The Board nominating committee will:
- Review nominations applications.
- Invite qualified applicants for an interview before April 5, 2018
- Submit approved applicants for election at the April 14, 2018 AGM.
Qualification includes endorsing the Constitution of the Society and meeting the requirements of the B.C. Society Act……
Mary Lake Nature Sanctuary
1772 Millstream Rd,
Victoria, BC V9B 6E4
Greater Victoria Greenbelt Society
499 Millstream Lake Rd.
Victoria, BC. V9B 6H5
Registered Charity BN: 11894 6953 RR0001
WSÁNEC Coast Salish
Mary Lake lies within the traditional territories of the WSÁNEC (Saanich) Coast Salish Peoples.
We recognize the integral role the ancestors of the WSÁNEC Coast Salish Peoples have played as past stewards of the Mary Lake and Highlands lands.